Jobboard | (Senior) Production IT Engineer*
Be the ONE who joins a great team.
We are more than 16.500 experts in 34 countries around the globe – become
(Senior) Production IT Engineer*
Because human health matters: Join a team where your visions, your
creativity and our mutual collaboration can make a difference contributing
to something as meaningful as saving lives. At SCHOTT Pharma, we design
solutions to ensure medicines are safe and easy to use for people around
the world. Today, we play an essential role in delivering a COVID-19
vaccine to hospitals and patients.
You are a reliable and flexible team player whose strength is to have a
good understanding of production processes in combination with IT? With
your structured working style and your process and result oriented
thinking, you are interested in being responsible for our production IT
Then, you might be just the ONE, weâre looking for. Join us as (Senior)
Production IT Engineer* for our Business Unit Pharma, located in Mainz.
The organization Production IT belongs to our Technology division and is
the global interface between local operations and harmonized IT systems.
The Production IT provides governance for worldwide standardization and
fulfillment of regulatory requirements of IT systems in the areas of
production, quality and plant maintenance. In your role, you closely
collaborate with colleagues from all over the world within our BU Pharma as
well as Corporate Operational Technology and Central IT.
* You are responsible for the architecture, design and coordination of
implementation of Production IT systems, continuous improvement
including infrastructure as well as support of validation and local
* You, as global owner for the assigned Production IT systems, are in
charge of the communication to all relevant stakeholders and the
respective demand & change management.
* You provide and/or review user requirements, functional and technical
specifications as well as additional documentation. Furthermore, you
consult the process and organizational design as well as scout
technologies and test prototypes. Moreover, you set-up and monitor
adherence to service level agreements with suppliers.
* You maintain a solid project-portfolio-management to envision a
roadmap for Production IT systems in your ownership. In this context,
you initiate, lead, execute and/or participate in pilot projects for
digitalization and global rollouts.
* You support the development and update of a coherent global data
model across all Production IT systems. An important part is the
(re-)design of data exchange between systems with special focus on
* University Degree in IT or business administration, engineering,
natural sciences, computer science or similar
* Minimum 5 years of professional experience in IT / Production IT /
Automation / Project management in IT, preferably in a regulated
* Decent knowledge of SCADA, MES, CAQ, inspection systems, SAP PP/QM/PM
as well as GxP and Data Integrity
* Deep understanding of Manufacturing, Plant Maintenance and Quality
* Strong capabilities of analysis, team spirit and proactive drive of
topics, as well as, structured working methods and leadership
experience with globally distributed teams
* Excellent communication skills in English; good language skills in
German (spoken and written)
At SCHOTT, you can expect a unique corporate culture where we emphasize
equity, diversity and inclusion. We know: motivated and committed employees
are the condition for the success of our company.
Trust-based working time
Holistic corporate health management
Please feel free to contact us
Weâre looking forward to your application
*At SCHOTT, itâs your personality that counts â not your gender, your
identity, or origin.